I am in love with Jesus; constantly finding ways to get closer to Him. He romances me and is patient with me, even when I stray.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Seven Student Ministries

Hello!
Today was my first day as an intern for Seven Student Ministries. (I called it a youth group, and everyone laughed. I won't make that mistake again.)
It was a lot of fun!
I got to make phone calls to students telling them about prayer before service that they are starting, and although the phones were being stupid, I think I did ok.
I also got to write a letter to all of the student leaders in Seven. (There are about 120 of them.) That was a little bit stressful, considering I just do not feel like I have the skills to write a letter to all of them.
This is what it said:

Dear Student Leader:

We are so excited about the new year and the ideas we have for Seven! We want to inform you that we are having prayer before service on Wednesday nights at 5:30pm until 6:15pm. It is important that we come together and pray for the students in our communities, so we are asking you to attend and be a part of what God is doing.
As we head into the new year, we encourage you to grow in your relationship with God, and
continue to lead your generation.
Thank you for all you do,

Michael Baier


Of course, I wrote the letter, not Michael Baier. I find it funny how most pastors that are really busy, sometimes don't write the letters themselves, but have someone else write it for them, and then they (the pastor) critique it,and let that person (being me) print it off, put it in envelopes, and send it away.
120 letters put manually in envelopes, manually addressed, and sent away. HAHA.
I am enjoying learning about behind the scenes work, and also ecstatic about working under great pastors and doing what I can to help them out.
I can't wait to spend the rest of the year learning all I can.

There were seven different ministries INSIDE just being a youth leader that I could choose from. I really felt like God was pushing me towards Development. Development is all about the spiritual growth of the student. Teaching them through prayer, lifestyle, and classes. Not to mention helping push them along in their spiritual growth. I am totally going to love that, and I am SUPER excited to be able to do that. My heart is there, with students spiritual growth.
The pastor that heads up development is new, and he's only 21. His name is Jordan, and he has another youth leader kinda heading it up with him named Blake. Then comes me. I'm the intern. I get to learn everything about what Jordan is doing with student development. I'm a little worried, because I think we will probably be learning at the same time, but, that makes it more fun!
Anyways, that is all I have time for now.
Love you guys.
Later!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shainerz said...

they are going to be lucky having a youth LEADER like YOU! sounds super busy, but that's all the fun! i'm happy that you're happy :D

4:47 PM

 
Blogger SuperStar said...

Thank you. I love your support, and your friendship.

9:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home