I am in love with Jesus; constantly finding ways to get closer to Him. He romances me and is patient with me, even when I stray.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Louisiana

Hey everybody!
I'm in Lousisiana right now,but, life is good.
I'm helping out with the refugees from New Orleans.
People here call everyone baby... LOL. It's pretty crazy.. But the FOOD is AMAZING!
Please remember to pray for all of the people here. Their hearts are so broken....
A man said to me one day; "My heart and my home are in New Orleans." All they want is a listening ear to hear their troubles, and a little bit of love. It's very touching. This woman named Lelaina lost all she had and ran to Georgia. In Georgia she was at a shelter. Her daughter had just had surgery a few days after getting there, and they were ordered to go to the church service that night. Lelaina told them that her daughter had just had surgery, so she wasn't going anywhere. A pastor kicked her out of the shelter for missing the service. A PASTOR. That kind of thing upsets me... Anyways.. So now she is here in Lafayette in this shelter just hoping to be accepted.
After she told me her story, I gave her a hug, and promised her I would pray for her. Since then I have seen her,and someone had stolen her cell p hone. Things just keep getting worse for this lady. If you could please keep her and the rest of these people in your prayers.
Thanks.
I'm going to a Louisiana state University football game tonight, hopefully anyways. Should be fun! I love you all!
Later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shainerz said...

I bet it was so great for them to be able to talk to kind people like you!! Your right, they need love!

1:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home