I am in love with Jesus; constantly finding ways to get closer to Him. He romances me and is patient with me, even when I stray.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Ah Life

Hey Guys... The other day I was diving into the Bible, and found some really cool passages that I can apply to my life daily. Here there have been some crazy types of people that tend to get on my nerves... God gave me some different verses, and just kept on blessing me with more. I will paraphrase, I will put it in quotes if it is quoted. lol

PROVERBS 17
It is better to have no food at all with peace in a house, than a feast with strife.
-keep peace with those around you, and those you have to live with.
A wise servant rules over disgraceful sons
-be a servant to all.
God tests us
-God is testing me now, making sure my motives are pure.
"He who covers an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends." (vs. 9)
-Do everything in love, let things die that you hear. DO NOT SPREAD LIES AND TRUTHS.
"A rebuke impresses a man of discernment more than 100 lashes a fool." (vs. 10)
-Let's just think aobut that for a minute... WOW. God calls us to love the rebuke. Listen to those who know what they are talking about.
"A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." (vs. 17)
-Love everyone.
"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up bones." (vs. 22)
-Be cheerful in everything. You want to make people happy, not dry their bones.
A discerning man keeps wisdom in view.
-Don't let your eyes wander from the goal God has set before you.
"A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even tempered." (vs. 27)
-Watch yo mouf foo!
"Watch your mouth, be wise with what you say. Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue." (vs.28)
-Watch yo mouf foo!
PROVERBS 18

"A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opions."(vs2)
-There are alot of verses here about keeping your mouth shut. I am definitely learning that one.
-HUMILITY COMES BEFORE HONOR!
"He who answers before listening - that is his folly and his shame." (vs. 13)
PROVERBS 19
"It is not goood to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." (vs. 2)
"He who gets wisdom loves his own soul; he who cherishes understanding prospers." (vs. 8)
"A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense." (vs. 11)
-shut your mouth and forget that someone offended you.. Be patient.
"Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise."
I love you guys. Just thought I would share my thoughts.
You are all in my prayers....
Later.

2 Comments:

Blogger SuperStar said...

YAY!

12:32 PM

 
Blogger jac-atac said...

coool coool

3:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home