I am in love with Jesus; constantly finding ways to get closer to Him. He romances me and is patient with me, even when I stray.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Merely Ashes

Devoted-
Originated in the Old Testament.
Definition: To be consecrated, set apart, burned- usually in sacrafice to God.

To be fully devoted to God, to be a sacrafice, BURNED for His glory. Ashes. Destroy self in such a way that only God can use it.
Ashes cannot do anything. They sit and they wait for the wind to blow. Ashes can only be moved by something. Moved by the Creator that made the ashes. To be ashes, to only be moved by God. To wait, and ONLY do what the Creator moves us to do.
When you let people move you, you are not allowing God to burn you, and make you ashes. Do not allow people's words to affect you. Only when God moves.
Does that make sense? It does to me.
Be set apart for my God.
Let Him move me and only Him move me. Do not let the things of this world affect who we are. God is the Creator. Let HIM create who you are going to be.

I love you all so much. If you ever need me, I'm here. Call me... Email me... You know where to reach me.
Later.

10 Comments:

Blogger Shainerz said...

GOOD POINT!
Almost sounded like you got that out of a book it was so good! haha

2:41 PM

 
Blogger [ brooke ] said...

Call (you), beep (you), if we want to reach (you)?

3:12 PM

 
Blogger Jilb said...

Amen! I liked it..

7:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a letter to send to you. Could you email me your new address. -Cristy Csalt719@aol.com

8:05 PM

 
Blogger June said...

That was bueatiful Bobbie. Simply poetic!

8:05 AM

 
Blogger jac-atac said...

I was grateful to get the verbal version of your post over the phone yesterday. Thanks girlfriend.

7:19 AM

 
Blogger JC said...

Hey BJ- good to see you posting! Take care!

12:04 PM

 
Blogger SuperStar said...

Thanks guys. Keep reading it, and I will keep the news coming. Later.

3:03 PM

 
Blogger The Lord works! You should, too... said...

Bobbie Jo!!!!!!!!!!! Reading your blog its like you were never gone. NOT!! I miss you like crazy when are you coming to see me??
Molly (just me remember)

2:03 PM

 
Blogger SuperStar said...

MOlly, I love you.. get your butt out of the clouds! Of course I remember you......
You are so swoll!
Loves.
Bobbie

5:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home